Help Guatemala Hear Mission Trip
Communication and Information
Raised of $1,500 goal
Days to go
Donations ended on 5/31/2017 12:00 PM
Last year, your gift made a difference in the Solola’ community: fitted 42 hearing aids, evaluated 200+ individuals, provided medical supplies, purchased 5 water filtration systems, provided jobs/financial support.
Help Guatemala Hear
Dr. Selena Snowden, Director of Audiology Services and faculty at the School of Communication Science & Disorders is leading the third annual “Help Guatemala Hear” Mission Trip in spring 2017. A group of students from the School will join her in providing the impoverished community of Solola’ with hearing clinics, community outreach and construction work.
Their trip on February 27 last year was a success. Here’s how your gift made a difference last year in the Solola’ community:
- fit 42 hearing aids and evaluate 200+ individuals of the indigenous people of Guatemala
- Provide 3 year-long educational scholarships
- Provide medical supplies
- Provide shoes and clothing for women and children
- Provide several bottles of prenatal vitamins
- Provide two large bags of toothpaste, dental floss and toothbrushes and soap
- Purchase 5 water filtration systems
- Provide protein enriched foods for several families for several months
- Purchase construction supplies to assist in building homes several families
- Provide jobs and financial support for those indigenous individuals employed by Porch de Salomon
Your support this year will allow them to build upon last year’s success, continue to give the gift of hearing to a child or an adult who needs it the most, improve lives and make a greater impact in the community.