Students in FSU Panama City's nurse anesthesia program are unable to have any employment during their 28-month program due to the rigorous clinical training demands. Attendance of this event is highly encouraged but not offset in any manner by fees.
The $12,000 goal would pay one-third of the cost for the cohort of 24 students.
The Nurse Anesthesia Annual Congress of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, which will be Sept. 7-13 in Seattle, is designed to provide a variety of educational topics that will develop the maximum effectiveness of CRNAs in their roles as healthcare providers in diverse settings across the nation. Educational tracks include:
- Continued Professional Certification (CPC) Program Review focusing on the fundamentals of nurse anesthesia principles and practice.
- Clinical practice track focusing on providing new information for the CRNA engaged in clinical practice to assist with evidence-based decision making.
- The business of anesthesia and the fundamentals of practice management track providing an overview of the key elements that will optimize business practices and reimbursement for a wide variety of practice settings.
- The research in action track addressing cutting-edge issues in research, practice and education. Innovative approaches to improve quality anesthesia care.
- Enhanced recovery after surgery track providing educational content associated with multimodal perioperative care pathways designed to achieve early recovery for patients undergoing major surgery.
- The special interest track including the Keynote Speaker, Diversity, the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation, Leadership, Student Session, and Assembly of School Faculty sessions.
- The health and wellness track focusing on building a healthy workplace environment; infusing diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence; how to create and implement a facility policy for safe handling of impairment and/or drug diversion, and planning anesthesia for patients with substance use disorder. Fun, healthy, non-CE activities are also included in this track.