FSU undergraduate students long to have a positive impact on the world and are a source of tremendous untapped creative potential. Design Thinking provides a framework to guide groups of students from a given problem to a tested solution. The process emphasizes:
- working across boundaries in interdisciplinary teams
- empathizing with people experiencing a problem
- fully understanding a problem and reframing the problem
- utilizing ideation techniques for developing unique and impactful solutions
- iterating and testing solutions to perfection
Your donation will fund a weekend design sprint in the Innovation Hub where students will learn design thinking by doing it. They will work on interdisciplinary teams to understand a problem and develop solutions. Funds will be applied to marketing, materials, food, and prizes. Past experience has shown that this experience has a transformational impact on many that participate.
Florida State University's Innovation Hub is “The Hub” for transdisciplinary discovery, design, and innovation. Here we provide students with the tools, knowledge and experience to confront the vexing, complex and wicked challenges of our day. Our mission is to enable students to discover needs, imagine opportunities, design solutions, and share experiences in an innovative, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment. Find out more at www.innovation.fsu.edu.