Please join us for #FSUSCaresDay on #GivingTuesday by supporting the people and families served by the FSUS Special Needs Emergency Shelter during hurricanes and other natural disasters.
This #GivingTuesday, we are focusing on the big impact even the smallest gift can make on completing renovations essential for taking care of patients who come to take refuge at our FSUS Emergency Shelter in their greatest time of need.
Here's how your gift will support the final improvements needed for the FSUS Emergency Shelter operations. We need your help to serve as a highly effective shelter with facilities, spaces, and equipment that allows us open up quickly, serve families according to the Americans with Disabilities Act and to be able to open school back up as quickly as possible.
Construction began this summer and our funding has brought us so far in this planning. Now we need your help to complete the work. Here’s how your gift will help complete this project:
- The Gymnasium Complex will have storage for shelter supplies and equipment needed for the initial set up of the shelter and transformation of the gym into a living space for patients, their families and their pets.
- The Cafeteria dining area will be designed to become the living space for emergency workers and overflow space for patients.
- The Culinary area will have high-quality equipment for emergency staff to prepare meals both for patients and the emergency workers.
- Additional electrical upgrades will support emergency vehicles and mobile food service.
- The Career to College Center will serve as an in-take area for private meetings with patients.
It's the small gifts that can make the biggest impact in completing the work that will empower a fully operational special needs shelter facility.
Saving and sustaining the lives of our most fragile community members during times of disaster can start with YOU. We hope you join us today and support the most vulnerable during the storms with a gift to the Florida High Fund.